Summer means ice-cold drinks, fun in the sun, and splashing in the water – what could be better?
If you’re having a hard time enjoying the sun because of the sweltering temperatures, we’ve got you covered.
- Replace your AC air filter – a clean filter helps your AC operate as efficiently as possible.
- Ice your feet – your feet are very sensitive to temperature, if your feet are cold, the rest of your body is more likely to feel cooler as well.
- Fire up the grill – keep the heat outside by avoiding using the oven or stove which can heat up your home quickly. You’ll also save on energy costs, so it’s a win-win!
- Eat water-rich food – Watermelon, cucumbers, and cantaloupes are easy to digest, cool, and help keep you hydrated, which makes them the perfect summer food!
- Use your ceiling fans and make sure your ceiling fan blades to run counter-clockwise, pushing air down. Often, there’s a switch on the side of the fan that determines which direction the blades will rotate.
- Utilize light-colored bed sheets made of lightweight cotton, which will be breathable and promote ventilation and airflow in the bedroom.
- Invest in a few box fans and face them toward windows or sliding doors so they push the hot air out.
- Stay properly hydrated throughout the day and right before you go to bed – tossing, turning, and sweating at night can cause dehydration.
Have your own suggestions on how to stay cool this summer? Leave them in the comments below.