For a busy mom, trying to find time to squeeze in a workout may seem impossible. Here are 8 ideas to help you get in shape while managing schedules, juggling work and more.
- Find a gym with on-site child care. This way, the kids can have a fun playing while you’re getting in a workout. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing that you can monitor them from a distance.
- Take advantage of after-school extracurricular activities. While they are at chess club or basketball practice, get in a quick run or gym session.
- Incorporate the kids in with your routine. Buy a jogging stroller or have the kids hop on their bicycles and peddle alongside you during a run.
- Wake up before everyone else and turn on the TV to do a workout video online. We love Amazon’s selection of workout videos. If you are a Prime member, there are free options available to you. This works during nap time as well!
- Have a dance party with your kids and throw in a Zumba video. You get a great work out and the kids have fun moving about too.
- Wind down with yoga. After putting the kids to bed, roll out the yoga mat and gain strength while working on your flexibility. This one is also a great stress reliever. We like YogaStudio,com and Five Minute Yoga best.
- In a rush for time? Try a HIIT workout. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. This is a shorter work out that incorporates cardio along with weight training. Even if you only have half an hour, you can still get in a great workout with HIIT. You keep the intensity up – WAY up. Push yourself to the max, but also allow time for short rests in between sets. Many gyms offer these as group classes, but we prefer to just do it at home with a workout video. Our workout video of choice? Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
- Make it a solo date night. Leave the kids with dad or get a babysitter and take time out for yourself to try something new! Always wanted to try hot yoga or a cycle studio? Treat yourself!
What are your trips for an healthy lifestyle? Share them in the comments below.