Referred to as the “City of Oaks”, Raleigh, North Carolina boasts a booming city life, growing economy, a foodie culture and stellar academics.
Here are just a few of the things to do in this beautiful city.
Low Cost of Living
Raleigh ranks #7 on US News and World Report’s “Best Places to Live” list, and #17 in their “Best Places to Retire” list. And we can see why! In addition to the bustling city life, the cost of living in Raleigh is slightly lower than the national average.
College students will appreciate that North Carolina State University, Duke University and the University of North Carolina are all highly rated and within close proximity.
The summers do get a little hot and humid but the winters are lovely! The average temperatures reach between 50 and 60 degrees.
Larger corporations like Hanes Brands Inc, Lowes and Bank of America are all located in North Carolina. Locally though, Red Hat, Pendo and TransLoc are rated as great places to work.
- The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is one of Raleigh’s most popular attractions. It’s free and features everything from whale skeletons to seahorse bioramas and live butterflies.
- The Neuse River Trail is a portion of a nearly 28-mile path that extends from the Falls Lake Dam in Wake Forest, down to the Wake/Johnston county line.
- Depending upon the season, you can catch a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game at the PNC Arena.
- Brush up on your history with a trip to the North Carolina Museum of Art. In addition to the famous works inside the museum, the 164-acre Goodnight Museum Park is located right outside.
- Stroll through nature trails or enjoy 22 miles of hiking trails in William B. Umstead State Park.
- The Raleigh Beer Garden has 366 separate varieties daily and is located in the heart of downtown Raleigh’s Glenwood South entertainment district.
- Beasley’s Chicken + Honey is owned by renown chef Ashley Christensen. If you’re looking the best fried chicken in town, look no further.
- Known for its legendary barbecue, The Pit boasts brisket, fried chicken, pulled pork and more! Just be sure to make a reservation.
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar offers something for everyone and is kid-friendly! We recommend the truffle fries to start, the bento box as your main and a milkshake for dessert.
If you’re ready to call Raleigh home, view our available rental homes now!