Does your fur-child need a new place to spend those long summer days? We’re bringing you DIY beds that any pampered pet would love to call their own. These options are easy on the eyes and the wallet.
- A rectangular picnic basket or an old drawer can be made into a snuggly bed for a cat or small dog! Simply line it with fabric and add some blankets and pillows for comfort.
- An old suitcase can make the perfect pet retreat! Adding a foam pad covered in fabric, or a fabric liner and a cushion is all you need to do to create this functional, but also adorable, bed option. If you want to take it a step further, tuck in his or her favorite toys in the luggage pockets!
- Take a thrift-store side table (or a broken table like in this tutorial), turn it upside down, add some pads to the new bottom, connect a cushion, give it a coat of paint, and you have a super cute, and super affordable, pet bed!
- Short on space? This project creates a nightstand that doubles as a pet bed! Check out the instructions here.
- Remove the shelves and doors of a vintage TV console, give it a fresh coat of paint, add a comfy bed, and voilà! Read more here.
- Take scrap pieces of wood (two by fours) and turn them into a rustic pet bed masterpiece! Nail four planks into a rectangular shape and add remaining planks to create the bottom. To create the worn look, use vinegar and steel wool after painting or staining to your liking. If you’re looking for a pet bed that will complement rustic or shabby chic décor in your home, this is the one.
We hope your pet feels pampered and right at home in their new DIY pet bed! Let us know in the comments below if you try any of these ideas.