Ditch the oven and opt for these easy, no-bake appetizers that are sure to leave your friends in awe at your next barbecue or gathering.
Prosciutto is one of those ingredients that makes any dish seem fancier. In this ultra-fast recipe, prosciutto combines with pear slices to create salty and sweet perfection.
2 pears, cut into 8 wedges and cored
8 thin slices (4 oz.) prosciutto, cut in half
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Wrap pear wedges with prosciutto and set on a serving plate. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
Thai Sommer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Easy, healthy, light and delicious!
For the peanut dipping sauce:
1 garlic cloves
1 thumb-sized piece of organic ginger
2 tbsp gluten-free tamari or regular soy sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
⅓ cup peanut butter
¼ cup water (more or less as needed)
For the sommer rolls:
1 cup cooked rice noodles
5-8 rice paper sheets
½ red pepper
5-8 romaine leaves or salad greens of your choice
1 handful fresh basil
1 handful fresh cilantro, optional
- To make the peanut sauce, blend or mix together all the ingredients until smooth.
- To make the wraps, cut all the veggies into thin strips or use a spiralizer to make them even thinner. Put the rice paper sheets, one at a time, in warm water so they soften. Then place them on a large plate and carefully dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Arrange your fillings in the middle of the paper and sprinkle 1 tsp of the peanut sauce over the veggies. Fold over two ends, then wrap it up like a burrito, making it as tight as possible.
Black Raspberry Bruschetta
This sweet treat plays upon seasonal fresh berries and is customizable to your liking.
Good quality bread, toasted
Fresh whipped cream
Black raspberries, or whatever berry you prefer
Pure maple syrup
Fresh lemon thyme leaves, optional
- Arrange the bread on a platter and spread some whipped cream on top.
- Add the berries to a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash them slightly.
- Spoon the berries on top of the whipped cream. Drizzle a bit of syrup on top. Sprinkle with lemon thyme leaves. Serve immediately.
This easy-to-follow recipe is sure to impress when you say humbly say, “No, I actually made it myself.”
4 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded (you can substitute 1-2 habanero or serrano peppers)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2-3 teaspoons ground cumin
2-3 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
15 ounces crushed San Marzano tomatoes (1 can)
4.5 ounces diced green chiles, mild, medium, or hot (1 can)
- Place the fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the contents are fine and well blended.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and green chiles. Puree until mostly smooth. Taste, then add more cumin and sugar if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Fresh Strawberry Crostini with Honey and Balsamic
A sweet strawberry on top of bread that has been toasted to perfection
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 cup ricotta or cream cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 French baguette or similar artisan country bread, cut in ½ inch thick slices
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut strawberries into slices. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine ricotta, basil and chives. Stir to combine thoroughly then set aside.
- Toast bread using in a toaster or under the broiler of your oven until golden brown.
- Assemble crostini by layering each piece of toast with the herbed cheese and sliced strawberries. Add a drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with snipped chives and chopped basil before serving.
1 large English cucumber, sliced
8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into the same size as the cucumber slices
½ cup plain Greek yogurt or whipped cream cheese
1 tbsp fresh dill
¼ tsp garlic salt
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, fresh dill and garlic salt.
- Arrange the cucumber slices in a single layer on a platter. Spoon a dollop of Greek yogurt onto each cucumber slice, then top with smoked salmon. Garnish with additional dill, if desired.
You’re now ready to whip up some delicious, wow-worthy summer appetizers! Let us know in the comments below if you try any of these no-bake recipes.