The bright morning sun, enjoying a cup of French Press coffee and snuggling up by a warm fire at night are all wonderful things synonymous with camping and enjoying the great outdoors. However, being attacked by mosquitoes or having your food stolen by local bears are not as much fun. If you’re simply a fan of the whole sleeping on the ground in a tent deal, or trying to save money on summer adventures by forgoing a hotel, we’re here to help with a list of must-have camping essentials.
Essentials for a Happy Camper:
- Tent (obviously) – REI has some great options
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Sleeping bag – an extra warm one depending on the climate
- Pillows and Sheets
- Extra blankets
- Camping Stove – Amazon offers several great options
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Ice chest
- French Press and Tea Kettle – if you enjoy hot beverages in the morning
- A bear bin for food and toiletries – often provided by the campsite
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen – make sure it’s at least 30 SPF
- Insect Spray
- Candles or Lanterns
- Hand Sanitizer
- Folding Chairs
- First Aid Kit
- Swiss Army Knife
For the most ingenious camping products, check out this Buzzfeed article. A wearable sleeping bag onesie, anyone?
Happy camping season!