Resident Responsibilities

The Value of Renter’s Insurance

Having renter’s insurance can protect your personal belongings in the event of a disaster. But how much coverage should you have and what does each mean? Here are a few important items to keep in mind when selecting your plan.

Protection from theft or fire
In addition to paying for any damaged items, your insurance should include “additional living expenses” coverage if your home becomes uninhabitable after a disaster. The coverage would reimburse you for hotels stays during this period. Progress Residential® recommends at least $2,000.

Protection from personal damages you cause others
Personal liability insurance will protect you from damage or injury to others for which you are responsible. An example of this would be a pet accidentally biting your neighbor. Progress Residential® recommends at least $100,000 of liability.

Protection from property damages you cause others
Let’s say your son hits a home run directly into your neighbor’s window. Your personal property coverage would help pay to replace it. Progress Residential® recommends at least $10,000 in this type of coverage.

Choosing a company
Always shop around for quotes and compare the costs with the coverage. Email a copy of your insurance policy to Make sure that Progress Residential® is listed as an additional interest, referencing this address: PO Box 38015 Albany, NY 12203

For assistance, please give us a call at (844) 823-2372.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s