This time of the year is absolutely beautiful outside! The weather is starting to cool off, and there is still time for one last hoorah of fun in the sun around the lake or beach!
Here are a few of the top spots to spend your remaining days of summer:
- We all know that everything is bigger in Texas! With over 150 lakes, swimming, skiing, boating, or fishing is a simple car ride away. Check out these 14 gorgeous lakes to visit for some Texas Size Fun!
- Water is a little scarcer in the South West Region of the U.S., but Arizona has some of the clearest most pristine swimming holes you’ve ever seen! Fossil Creek is one of the most sought after swimming destinations in Arizona. The crystal blue water and rocky mountainous landscape is an adventure takers dream. With hiking trails, waterfalls, and a beautiful cooling water, this is sure to be a trip you won’t forget!
- Escape the tourist spots and check out 10 of the best kept secret beaches in Florida. If you’re looking to fish, head over to Little Talbot Island to land a whopper. Looking to get in an adventurous hike? Check out Santa Rosa Beach and navigate through Washington State Forest. Picnic, kayaking, and sunbathing more up your alley? Visit Caladesi Island for remarkable water and amazing white sandy beach fronts!
- The South East is filled with hidden gems! Georgia offers some of the greatest outdoor experiences. The blue water flows straight down to a stunning waterfall in Cherokee Falls. Nestled in the Cloudland Canyon State Park this waterfall is home to some of the bluest water in the state.
- Tennessee offers some of the best swimming holes this side of the Mississippi, and some of the most spectacular waterfalls to behold. From Blue Hole Falls to Rock Island State Park to the incredible Cummins Falls, the possibilities for an amazing getaway are vast!
- Last but certainly not least are the stunning waters of North Carolina. It’s your choice – fresh water or salt! White Lake and Lake James allow a fun fresh water experience with options to camp, fish, boat, and swim. If you’re looking to get a little sandy, the Emerald Isle, Wrightsville Beach, and Shackleford Banks are the spots for you!
Whether it’s the salty sands of Florida and North Carolina, or the dazzling fresh water falls of Arizona and Tennessee, make the last days of your summer a fun filled experience with friends and family!