Summer! The warm sandy beaches, weekend cookouts and, unfortunately, unwelcome critters that quickly ruin any backyard party.
While you can’t eliminate the risk completely, there are steps that you can take to control the pest population around your home and yard.
- Maintain routine pest control. When we say “pest control,” we mean that each resident is responsible for the prevention of ants, crickets, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees & wasps, rodents and pigeons.
- Remove standing water. This includes water that collects in rain gutters, bird baths, flower pot saucers, kiddie pools, wheelbarrows, decorative yard décor, and more.
- Keep things tidy, especially in the kitchen where unwashed dishes, crumbs and unsealed food can quickly attract pests.
- Seal cracks around molding surrounding exteriors doors, windows and openings in areas where utilities enter the house or basement.
- Properly dispose of trash and recycling in your home using the designated bins provided by the city.
- Regularly treat the outside of your home using a pest control substance. Be sure the product is safe for kids and pets where applicable.
We appreciate your attention to maintaining the quality of your home. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Property Manager who can provide a referral for pest elimination.